SECURITY & PRIVACY
At Cast Wines, we are committed to protecting your privacy. The winery will not sell, give, lend or otherwise distribute your personal information without your permission to any other person or entity that is not part of the processing or shipping of your wine order.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Transparency: When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose of the data.
- Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this policy.
- Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for order processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Storage: We will hold your personal data indefinitely and at least for the period necessary for processing in compliance with the provisions of applicable laws.
- Access, rectification, opposition: You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving marketing information. Call the winery at (707) 431-1225 to initiate steps to be taken in this respect.
- Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or accidental or unlawful loss, or unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Sharing: We may share your personal data with third parties for payment processing, email services, logistics partners and other services essential to the running of our business (such as commercial partners and/or service providers) for the purposes set out in this policy. We will take appropriate measures to safeguard your security when sharing or transferring such data.
- OrderPort: The winery’s online ordering and customer service website is hosted by a third-party e-commerce vendor. This vendor uses secure server technology for all transactions on the site. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, all of your customer data is protected against unauthorized access.
- WorldPay: All customer payment card information resides in a secure online vault at a specialized payments processor and never resides on the winery’s server or that of our e-commerce vendor. WorldPay facilitates payment without ever releasing the actual card information to the winery or our e-commerce vendor. WorldPay is a PCI level 1 validated provider. This is the highest level of security certification offered in the payment processing industry.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Private customer accounts are protected by a password randomly created by the customer relationship management system or directly by submission of the customer themselves. Winery personnel are unable to create, view or edit passwords for extra added security. If a password is forgotten, the customer is able to create a new password after receiving an email sent to the address on file.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we may ask you for information about you and/or members of your family and guests, such as:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Telephone/mobile number;
- Billing, mailing and shipping addresses;
- Birth date (verification for 21 years or older in order to purchase wine in the United States);
- Credit card number for transaction purposes (see WorldPay above);
- How you first heard of Cast Wines;
- Where you first tasted Cast Wines.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS
All Personal Data is accessible to view, edit, and delete online by logging into the account using your unique username and secure password.
WHEN IS YOUR PERSONNAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
- Upon a visit to the winery;
- At outside events upon your request or approval;
- Internet activities such as connection to Cast Wines website (IP address, cookies) and pages on social networks, etc.
STORAGE OF DATA
Personal data will be held for an indefinite period for future contact with you unless you request to discontinue to receive marketing information from Cast Wines. Additionally, information will be maintained if reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.